I’m delighted to share with you that I’ve been chosen as one of the Blogger “CREW”. In fact I am the only representative from Singapore!
To be selected, candidates have to prepare 2 write-ups
- Introduce myself and explain why I want to join the Asian Games Crew
- Write an article related to any sports or Asian Games
For the sports write-up, I wrote an article on “Taekwondo, where the human spirit shines”. Let me share with you 5 quick facts about Taekwondo:
- Taekwondo is one of the 28 Olympic Sports that will be play in the Asian Games Incheon 2014.
- Taekwon is not just a martial art, but it also develops the mind and cultivates the learner of desirable values such as tolerance, respect and benevolence.
- In the past, Taekwondo, or the various names that it is known throughout its history such as Taekkyeon, was played at folk festivals as a form of healthy competition between neighbouring villages in Korea.
- In the last Asian Games in Guangzhou, Korea won a total of 10 medals in Taekwondo.
- I am sure many in Singapore will be familiar with this. Mr Choi Dae Ho, 22, a South Korean undergraduate who majors in Taekwondo at Jeonju University displays this true essence of a Taekwondo learner to the fullest. In February 2013, he was one of four Koreans who came to Singapore as part of the Korea-based World Taekwondo Federation Peace Corps, and on his day off from the daily training, he encountered a barefoot stranger on a public bus. Without a second thought, he gave his slippers to this old lady, who teared at his kind gesture. While his generosity generated much online buzz, he humbly responded that it was a small gesture on his part. Mr Choi hopes to become a taekwondo instructor for the handicapped in the future.
Do look forward to my sharing of the 17th Asian Games Incheon 2014, Incheon and my role!