(Image from online site) Out of the many skin care/cosmetic product that I am using (almost everything’s from Korea), this is one of those that I enjoy. I thought to share it also because I don’t think many are familiar with this brand A’Pieu.
I did a quick search and didn’t come across English reviews of their products. Compared to the bigger brands like Innisfree/the Face Shop/ Etude House that we are familiar with, they have fewer outlets in Myeongdong main street; they don’t have store presence in Singapore; I also don’t recall any brand spokesperson either. I thought it is quite a pity since I find some of their products rather value-for-money. Their product that I’ve used since 2012 – Aqua Nature Moisty Deep-see Emulsion (2012 prices – 125ml for 4,800 Won), mascara (2014 prices – less than 4,000 Won) and this new pore care mask.
A’Pieu Aqua Nature Pore Minimizing Tightening Mask
- Duration of use: About two months (May, June 2014); during the (busy) World Cup period
- Price: cant recall but there was a 1 for 1 deal when we made our purchases (we were also given 2 travel size bottles of it!).
- Packaging: The container is sleek and air tight. Even though it doesn’t come with a spatula, we used one of our own (too many!) to scoop it.
- Smell: It has a refreshing aqua smell (reminds you of the ocean!) that I like.
- How does it feels: Very fluffy (lighter than chiffon cake; denser than cotton candy!) and runs smoothly on the face when applied. After 2-3 mins of applying it, the face will feel “tighter” and slightly warm. I usually leave it on while I dry my hair and brush my teeth. Else you can wash off when it dries completely/ after 10 minutes of applying.
- Benefits of the product: Purifies the pore; enhance elasticity of the pores; blackhead removal, sebum control
- Effects thus far: It feels so good after using it. Frankly I sort of judge its effectiveness based on the “tightness” I experienced. I think it is a decent-to-good pore care product. Also, other than being effective, using skin care/cosmetic products that we are comfortable will make us more confident – isn’t that effective too. A’Pieu products appear to be rather gentle on the skin.
- Purchase/not: Am sharing with my sister the 2 huge and 2 travel size tubs. I am not sure if the product will still be available by the next time I am back in Korea (considering how fast product turnover are), but certainly will continue to use it/ its similar line.
- Other cleansing/ masks that I am using now: Etude House Happy Teatime Aloe Cleansing Cream, Laneige Multi Cleanser, Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask, Innisfree Jeju Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask, Missha Super Aqua D-Tox Peeling Gel
So hopefully when you are in Korea, you can also pay attention to A’Pieu too ^^